VCU will resume normal operations on Friday, Feb. 27, 2015
- The Campus Connector will end service at 8 p.m. this evening. All other RamRide routes will operate on a normal schedule.
- RamSafe will operate normal hours from 5 p.m. to 8 a.m. Service may be impacted to some areas of campus depending on street conditions.
- Parking: The top levels of all parking decks remain closed due to snow and icy conditions. Please avoid the top levels until they are safe to reopen.
- The Homecoming concert this evening with Chance the Rapper, MAGIC!, Chaz French and S.U.P.E.R. will occur as scheduled. Doors will open at 6 p.m. in the Stuart C. Siegel Center. Tickets are available at the Stuart C. Siegel Center. VCU students tickets are $25 and available at the box office and tickets for the public are $35.
The following are closed:
- VCU Libraries
- B&N@VCU Monroe Park Campus
- B&N@VCU MCV Campus
- Dental Store
It is essential to be prepared for emergency situations and to be cognizant of ways to prevent crime and avoid dangerous situations.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Police Department would like to remind students, in particular, to keep personal safety in mind. There are certain things you need to be aware of as residents of an urban environment, as crimes may occur in our community.
The best defense is to be prepared and to take responsibility for your own safety and for that of your friends and fellow students. Be aware of your surroundings at all times, walk with a friend and make use of RamSafe, VCU’s security escort service. For additional safety tips from the VCU Police, please see www.police.vcu.edu and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to read VCU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report and to share this information with other members of the community.
VCU is dedicated to promoting a safe and secure environment for learning, living, working or visiting.