VCU will close at 2 p.m. today, March 5, 2015. VCU Medical Center and its clinics remain fully operational.
The following are also closed:
- Barnes & Noble at VCU Monroe Park campus and MCV campus will be closing at 2:30 today, March 5, 2015.
- RAMTech will be closing at 2 p.m. today, March 5, 2015.
- The Dental Store will be closing at 2 p.m. today, March 5, 2015.
- Market 810: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Market 810-2-GO: 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Einstein Bros Bagels: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- IHOP Express: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Raising Cane's Chicken Fingers: 10:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Croutons, Salads, and Wraps: 10:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Panda Express: 10:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Pizza Hut Express: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Subway: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Nao & Zen: 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Taco Bell: 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Chick-Fil-A Express: 10:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- POD Market: 7:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Starbucks Coffee: 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Chili's: 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Starbucks Coffee: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Cary St. Market & Deli: 7:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Bleaker Street: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Harris Hall C-Store: 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
MCV CampusJonah L. Larrick Student Center·
- Jonah's a Culinary Emporium: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Starbucks Coffee: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Einstein Bros Bagels: 5:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Wendy's: 6:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Crime alert update-report of armed robbery was false
Crime Alert Update
On the evening of March 2, 2015, an armed robbery was reported to the VCU Police Department as having occurred at 515 N. 13th Street, the D-Deck parking facility on the MCV Campus. VCU Police detectives following up on the investigation today spoke with the individual who reported the crime, reviewed security camera footage from the parking deck and determined that the incident was fabricated. A robbery did not occur on March 2 in the D-Deck as previously communicated in mass e-mails to the VCU and VCU Health System communities and posted on the university’s alert page, alert.vcu.edu.
VCU Police continue to investigate this matter and a criminal charge for giving a false report to police is pending.
The VCU Police Department takes all reports of criminal incidents seriously and will investigate each report it receives. Text message, e-mail or website alerts are issued in situations where police believe there is an ongoing threat to the VCU community. All members of the VCU and VCU Health System communities are asked to report all suspicious persons or incidents to VCU Police immediately. Contact the VCU Police Department (24/7) at 804-828-1234 or text VCUTIP to 274637 anonymously. The LiveSafe mobile safety application also can be downloaded for free on a smart phone to submit tips, photos and videos directly to VCU Police. VCU Police detectives can be reached during business hours at 804-828-6409.
It is essential to be prepared for emergency situations and to be cognizant of ways to prevent crime and avoid dangerous situations.
The Virginia Commonwealth University Police Department would like to remind students, in particular, to keep personal safety in mind. There are certain things you need to be aware of as residents of an urban environment, as crimes may occur in our community.
The best defense is to be prepared and to take responsibility for your own safety and for that of your friends and fellow students. Be aware of your surroundings at all times, walk with a friend and make use of RamSafe, VCU’s security escort service. For additional safety tips from the VCU Police, please see www.police.vcu.edu and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
Students, faculty and staff are encouraged to read VCU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report and to share this information with other members of the community.
VCU is dedicated to promoting a safe and secure environment for learning, living, working or visiting.